Friday, September 28, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Whippers

Whip it Good!
So my darling fiance and his family LOVE ice cream! I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE ice cream! I have definitely caught the ice cream bug from them and enjoy it once in a while. About 2 years ago, I went to a fabulous restaurant in Philadelphia owned by my best friend's friend Rocco. The restaurant is called Fuel and features a substantial menu of fresh, organic ingredients and all under 500 calories. Now, I know some of you are thinking, "Yeah, and it all probably taste like paper." Nope! The food is filling and flavorful!
Well, to get on with the story, my friend told me about these Banana Whips that Fuel sells. She described it as ice cream but without the guilt. Sounds good to me! When I tried them, I ordered the Nutella Banana Whips and oh my goodness, delicious! So here are my rendition of the Banana Whips!

Ingredients
2 bananas, sliced and frozen
2 tbsp peanut butter (I used organic, but any will do)
Ground Cinnamon

(Yes, that's it!)

1) In a food processor, puree the frozen bananas until smooth. You may need to pulse the processor a few times to pull the banana down toward the blade. Use a silicon spatula or wooden spoon to push down banana. Whip for about 30 seconds more.
2) Add peanut butter and puree until completely incorporated.
3) Using a silicon spatula, scoop banana whips out of food processor bowl and into an air-tight, freezer safe container.
4) Scoop your own portion out and sprinkle with cinnamon!

Tips
a) This simple recipe can be adapted in a million ways! Add nutella (like fuel), berries, protein powder, anything! You name it and it will probably taste amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a Delicious Day!

~TheHealthyAngel