Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hey everyone! Occasionally I will post a recipe for something unhealthy..... I know it isn't the theme of my blog but I enjoy baking with old school recipes that sometimes call for ingredients that aren't favorable to a nutritious diet. That being said, I bake like this once in a blue moon! I spotted a bag of mint chocolate chip morsels right after the holidays and knew immediately that I'd make cookies for my fiancé because he LOVES mint chocolate combinations (which I do not- so these are just for him! <3)

I am not sure if these chocolate morsels are always available and if not you can use regular chocolate chips. This recipes makes a tasty cookie.

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp melted butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips

1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir so it mixes well.
3) In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugar, butter, egg and vanilla until fluffy.
4) While mixer is on, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well combined.
5) Fold in chocolate chips.
6) Scoop out desired amounts of batter onto a greased cookie sheet.
7) Bake for about 13 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
8) Let cool on a rack.
9) Enjoy!

Tips
- Ways to make these lighter: use wheat flour instead of white flour, use egg beaters instead of eggs, substitute apple sauce for oil.
- You can also use a silpat instead of greasing a pan.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a Delicious Day!

~TheHealthyAngel