Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yesterday

I have been so busy organizing a mini-baby shower for a friend at my now ex-job, but I wanted to share my fun meals from yesterday!

I absolutely LOVE breakfast food! It makes being a healthy eater in the morning a little difficult for most, but I have some ideas to slim down some classics! Yesterday I enjoyed Chocolate Chip Banana French Toast.
 It was DELISH!!!! (I know delish isn't a real word, but they were just that good.) I made them with 35 calorie whole wheat bread, egg beaters and skim milk. I try to make everything a "one pot" meal so I actually mix the milk, beaters, cinnamon, and brown sugar into 1 bowl. Dunk the bread and grill in a frying pan. I had to take a picture of my pan because its hot pink and totally cute!
As I cooked the slices(individually) I pressed 6-8 chocolate chips into the already cooked toast. I made 3 pieces and topped them off with a whole sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup. I washed it all down with a cold glass of milk! Yum!!!

For lunch I ate at Wegman's and should have taken a picture of my Indian cuisine but I was starved and ate it up.

My boyfriend has been asking me to make tacos for a while so since I had some time last night, I made tacos. I sauteed a bunch of veggies (asparagus, red peppers, zucchini & onions), cooked up the ground beef and prepped several sides. The sides includes low-fat shredded mozzarella, low-fat sour cream, guacamole, and diced tomatoes. I am a vegetarian so I just ate the veggie portion but he told me the meat was tasty.

Enjoy the photos! I'll post more from my adventures tomorrow. I am baking some old family recipes with my mom and grandmom! Yay!!

Have a delicious evening!!
The HealthyAngel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a Delicious Day!

~TheHealthyAngel