Monday, September 12, 2011

Quick and Easy Italian

I was pretty hungry when I got home from work today so I whipped up a quick and easy Italian style veggie sandwich! I am definetely the kind of person that has to couple a sandwich with something so I chose some "Food Should Tasta Good" multi-grain chips. Here is what I put on the sandwich and how I made it.

1 Arnolds 100calorie roll
1 sliced plum tomato (from my dad's garden!)
1 slice romaine lettuce halved
thinly sliced red onion

shredded red cabbage
4 basil leaves (from my garden!)
olive oil
garlic powder
black pepper
sprinkle of salt

I have a fantastic little oil sprayer from The Pampered Chef. It allows you to use your own oil and convert it to a spray oil. This helps cut calories but mainain flavor. I sprayed the bun with oil and sprinkled my seasonings on it. I toasted it for about 5 minutes.

Slice the tomato and lay the slices onto the bread. Top with cabbage, onion and lettuce. Spray the vegetables again with a bit of oil.

Add a handful of chips. I coupled the chips with a Laughing Cow Tomato Basil Cheese wedge.

Enjoy!! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a Delicious Day!

~TheHealthyAngel