Monday, August 22, 2011

Ideas and food love!

I have been getting so many ideas for my blog lately. I am in a "food inspired" mood. This summer has been filled with new recipes and foods I have tried. I have mostly been adding pics to my facebook. I am going to start listing recipes To find them you can use the search box I just added or click under the label "Recipes".
Tonight I was given a wonderfully huge zucchini from a co-worker. I decided to make a lovely zucchini bread.

Zucchini Bread Recipe

This is only 1/2 the zucchini!

3 cups all purpose flour (you can try 1.5 cups wheat flour instead of all white flour)
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1Tbsp cinnamon
3 eggs (or 3 svgs egg sub to cut calories/cholesterol)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup veg oil/canola oil
2 cups shredded zucchini
1.5 cups crushed walnuts

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Mix all wet ingredients together with brown sugar (eggs, oil, vanilla and brown sugar). In a bowl gently mix all dry ingredients with a wisk (flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon).
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. I used a stand mixer to mix all of the ingredients. As it mixes the batter will become thicker. Add the shredded zucchini and mix slowly. Fold in crushed walnuts.
Grease and flour a baking dish. If using a loaf pan use 2 pans, as this recipe yeilds a nice quantity of batter.
Bake it for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick/fork comes dry from the center of the loaf. Let cool before eating.
My Review
This was so good! The bread was moist and sweet with a crispy top. I thought that it may have been too sweet with all of that brown sugar but it wasn't. The flavor was mild and just a bit spicy.

Coming up next, my vegetable frittata recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a Delicious Day!

~TheHealthyAngel